Ukraine News : India’s stand on Russia’s proposal to attack Ukraine in the United Nations Security Council was all eyes, but India, including China and the UAE, neither voted in favor nor opposed it. These countries didn’t even vote.
- Russia Ukraine News : Breaking News on Russia Ukraine war (2022)
- Russia Ukraine crisis 2022- Biden has ordered American soldiers to leave for Poland
- Why is the Nord Stream 2 pipeline in the headlines amid the Russia-Ukraine crisis?
- Houthi attack UAE: There were also two Indians among the dead (UAE News 2022)
Ukraine News update : Russia Ukraine war
India issued a statement explaining why it did not vote on the resolution against Russia’s attack on Ukraine.
In the statement, India’s representative in the Security Council T.S. Tirumurti said that India is deeply disturbed by the recent developments in Ukraine. It is unfortunate that the way to resolve the matter through diplomatic dialogue has been left. India urges that the violence be ended at the earliest.
An important meeting of the United Nations Security Council was held on Friday late night (Indian time) regarding Russia’s special military operation against Ukraine. In the meeting, a resolution was presented against the attack by Russia, in which 15 member countries had to vote.
11 members voted in favor of the motion. But India, China and UAE did not participate in the voting.
However, Russia blocked the proposal by using veto power. For this, Russia used its veto as a permanent member.
Russia’s ambassador to the UN said that Russia is not waging war against Ukraine or the citizens of Ukraine, but it is taking these steps to save the people of Donbass.
Voting was held in the United Nations Security Council to stop Russia’s attack on Ukraine and to call the army. Russia is one of the five permanent members of the Security Council with veto power. Apart from Russia, America, China, France and Britain also have veto power.
Why didn’t India vote on the resolution?
India issued a statement expressing its opinion on the Ukraine issue as well as explaining why the option of not voting was chosen.
which is like this-
- India is deeply disturbed by the recent developments in Ukraine.
- We appeal that all efforts should be made to end the violence and enmity immediately.
- No solution can ever be found at the cost of human life.
- We are also concerned about the safety of the Indian community in Ukraine, including the large number of Indian students.
- The contemporary global order is based on the United Nations Charter, international law, and respect for the sovereignty and territorial integrity of individual countries.
- All member states need to respect these principles to move forward in a constructive way.
- Dialogue is the only way to settle differences and disputes, no matter how difficult this path may be.
- It is a matter of regret that the path of diplomacy has been abandoned. We have to return to this.
- For all these reasons, India has chosen not to vote on this resolution.
Ukraine News : America criticized Russia
US Ambassador to the United Nations Linda Thomas Greenfield has called Russia’s action an attack on basic principles. He said that Russia is misusing its veto power.
At the same time, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky has thanked the member countries for raising the issue of attack on Ukraine in the United Nations Security Council. On the use of Russia’s veto power, he wrote that it is like a blood stain in the name of Russia in the Security Council.
Why is there a tense situation for India?
India has been a friendly country of Russia for a long time. Russia gives arms and defense equipment to India. However, the relationship between the two is not limited to defense deals only. Bollywood movies are released in Russia. A large number of Indian students study in Russia. Even a branch of Kendriya Vidyalaya is in Russia.
India also has trade relations with Ukraine and there are many citizens of India living in these two countries. Most of the people in Ukraine go to study. At the same time, along with studies in Russia, many Indians also go for jobs.
Even before the meeting of the United Nations Security Council, India had not condemned any side for the Russia-Ukraine crisis.
Why so much discussion of Modi government’s stand on Russia-Ukraine crisis?
Russia said about India’s stand on Ukraine, said many things
This week, two areas of Ukraine, Donetsk and Luhansk, were recognized by Russia as independent territory, after which the anger of Western countries increased. The US, European Union, Britain, Japan and Australia also strongly condemned Russia.
But India remained neutral in this matter. It has neither condemned Russia nor underlined the sovereignty of Ukraine in its official statements.